Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A position of PLM Service Manager for PDM applications has just opened within Airbus Defence & Space in Bremen. You will join the PDM Configuration & Documentation department inside the Information Management (IM) team. IM delivers the expertise, technology and equipment for Airbus Space and Aerospace products - We make it fly!
IM is transforming and evolving but, we need even more talented people who can make a real difference to how we support, enable and deliver a diverse range of technological solutions and services to our customers.
As part of our transformation the new operating model is oriented around multi-functional, agile teams working with the business and developing our digital capabilities. What does this mean for you? A role in IM is an opportunity for you to grow and to develop your career in a progressive and innovative environment.
Our people the teams they work in and the values embedded in IM are driving this change and you could be part of that too.
Within the PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) Solution Airbus Defence & Space, at less for the Space area, has chosen Windchill for supporting its PDM (Product Data Management). The Windchill Solution is deployed on several sites and interfaced with different tools (MCAD, ECAD, MPR, MES…). Since previous year, another main component has been deployed inside our PDM solution: a framework based on ThingWorx technology. This framework is used to implement several new applications, mainly for Quality management, as well as an alternative to Windchill GUI for casual users.
The parameterization/customization of our PDM solution is provided by an external integrator. The operational support of the system is managed via a subcontractor bundle. The solution is deployed for our Space Business but the deployment for new Business like CIS, Orbital, which is directly related to this current vacancy, as well as Earth of Observation in Spain and others are on-going. These deployments require an extension of the instances of our solution in Europe (France, Germany, UK and Spain).
Disabled applicants with equal qualifications will be given special consideration.
Tasks & accountabilities
As a PLM Service Manager for PDM application & Operation Data you will work closely with Business, project/program managers, and other IT teams to on board the Orbital Systems processes and data into the standard PLM of Airbus Defence and Space. You will need to be a creative thinker able to propose innovative ways to look at solution and integration options. You will need to validate your ideas using a collaborative and iterative approach. Present back these findings to the business and the IM management in a way that can be easily understood by the business stakeholders. Other responsibilities will include the definition, provision, and tracking of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to ensure delivery of our services in a high quality manner. The portfolio of activities for sure requires a self-organized and autonomous way of working.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Work with Business stakeholders to identify the business requirements and the expected outcome.
- Collaborate with Business subject matter experts to select the relevant sources of information.
- Work with IT teams to ensure the fulfilment of Service Level- and Operational Level Agreements.
- Assess, with the business, the expected qualification and assurance of migrated data.
- Work in iterative processes with the Business to ensure data and information consistency.
- Communicate and work with business and IM subject matter experts.
- Educate the business - and where needed the IM teams - on the new processes and tools to help the organization understands the principles behind the process to drive organizational buy-in.
- Provide on-going tracking and monitoring of performance of our PLM systems.
- Support troubleshooting and implementing enhancements and fixes to systems as needed.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Educated to Bachelor degree in computer science or related field; Master degree preferred
- Business focus, strong analytical and problem solving skills to be able to quickly understand the real business requirements and map them to PLM landscape
- Excellent written and communications skills to report back the findings in a clear, structured manner
- First experience in Information Management or compare fields
- Self-organized and autonomous way of working
- Negotiation level of German and English